Many administrative and clerical support positions available (SP-02, SP-03 and SP-04)
This notice of job opportunity is closed and you can no longer submit an application.
About the job
The CRA is looking for conscientious individuals with good organizational skills to fill various administrative support positions across Quebec Region.
If you looking for a healthy workplace, where you can grow, come work for the CRA, one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada!
You will be offered:
- An interesting salary range
- Level SP-02 from 47765$ to 52724$
- Level SP-03 from 52954$ to 58453$
- Level SP-04 from 58076$ to 65363$
- Excellent working conditions
- Flexible hours and holidays adapted for work/life balance;
- Telework opportunities, if operational requirements permit;
- Work environment that supports workforce diversity and the development of young talent;
- Access to a beneficial pension plan and health care plan.
What to expect when applying on this job opportunity notice ?
This process aims to fill various administrative support positions at the SP-02 to SP-04 levels for the entire Quebec region.
SP-02 KEY ACTIVITIES:
You will be required to provide clerical support services that may include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Maintaining up-to-date computer databases;
- Performs records related tasks such as classification, maintenance, sorting, shipping, filing.
SP-03 KEY ACTIVITIES:
Your duties will be to provide administrative support services to a division or manager that may include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and maintaining the manager’s schedule (agenda, meetings, travel schedules);
- Prepares and tracks documentation related to administrative requests, human resources and finance;
- Coordinates and attends various meetings and documents proceedings.
SP-04 KEY ACTIVITIES:
Your duties will be to provide administrative services to senior management that may include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling activities, including scheduling meetings and travel, as well as writing agendas, minutes of meetings;
- Coordinates and controls the correspondence (enquiries, requests and complaints);
- Monitors divisional issues, projects and initiatives;
- Write reports and correspondence.
Language requirements : Various language requirements (Bilingual imperative BBB/BBB, French essential)
The pool(s) established from this staffing process may be used to staff similar positions. Similar positions could be filled in different offices in the Quebec Region.
Who can apply
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens living abroad.
The purpose of this staffing process is to staff positions offered at the Canada Revenue Agency for all offices in the Quebec Region. If you are a candidate from the general public, you will have to pay for any expenses related to your participation in this staffing process, as well as any relocation costs if you receive an offer of employment from this process.
Qualified members and former members of the Canadian Forces who receive an offer of employment are not entitled to relocation costs from the CRA. They may, however, be entitled to a final relocation from the Department of National Defence.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change depending on circumstances. Therefore, most work is done remotely and virtually. However, office attendance may eventually be required when normal operations resume.
Virtual reporting may remain possible (occasionally), if operational requirements permit.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change. Please note, assessments and appointments may take place prior to the closing date and time of this notice.
We may give preference to the first 300 candidates. Additional candidates may be considered as needed. If you are considered further, we will notify you in writing of the next step in this staffing process.
If you require accommodations at any point in this process, we encourage you to indicate this in your questionnaire when you apply, or contact the person mentioned at the bottom of the poster. Your request will be treated confidentially.
Essential staffing requirement(s)
To be eligible, you must have a high school diploma issued by a recognized educational institution*; or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
AND qualify in one of the following options:
Option 1 :
- Be currently registered** OR have completed a degree or certificate from a recognized institution in a field of study relevant to the positions to be staffed such as, but not limited to, office automation and secretarial or office administration. (Example: ACS/DVS/DCS in secretarial studies or office system technology) You must graduate no later than December 31, 2022.
Option 2 :
- Possess work experience normally acquired of 24 cumulative months in a role of office clerk or administrative assistant in the public/private sector within the last 5 years.
Option 3 :
- Possess work experience at the Canada Revenue Agency normally acquired of 12 cumulative months in the last 3 years, in an administrative support position at the SP-02 level or higher. (examples of positions accepted : SP0230; SP0289; SP0191; SP0163)
* To be recognized, the institution must be listed in the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials. If you have a diploma issued by an institution outside Canada, you must provide a COMPARATIVE EVALUATION FOR STUDIES DONE OUTSIDE QUÉBEC issued by the Québec’s Immigration, Diversity and inclusion Ministry or the equivalent issued by any Canadian province.
** You must upload a proof of enrolment including the name of the program in which you are currently studying in the education section of your candidate profile, by the closing date and time of this poster. Failure to do so can result in your application not being considered further.
You must upload your education credentials in the education section of your candidate profile and submit all required documents by the closing date and time of this poster. Failure to do so can result in your application not being considered further.
NOTE: Only the answers entered in the prerequisites questionnaire will be considered, no resume (CV) will be analyzed.
The onus is on the candidate to demonstrate how they meet the experience requirement(s). Insufficient information may result in your application not being considered further.
Candidates must have obtained the essential experience by the closing date of this notice.
IMPORTANT: Candidates are encouraged to submit their online application, education credentials and all required documents as soon as possible. Candidates will be screened on an on-going basis.
Please note that option 1 and 2 candidates will be required to pass the Korn Ferry assessment prior to the prerequisite review while option 3 candidates who meet the prerequisite requirements will be invited to an assessment.
Please note that sub pools may be created based on one or more of the above options.
The essential staffing requirements indicated below will be assessed during the process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. Asset staffing requirements may also be assessed during the staffing process and may be used to identify candidates for positions.
- Behavioural and Cognitive Skills and Abilities - Korn Ferry Unsupervised Internet Test - CRA ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT I (KFEL-02)
- Performance validation
- Second Language Evaluation (if bilingual positions will be staffed)
We may limit the number of candidates to be considered further in this staffing process by using a top-down approach to select candidates with the best results achieved on the Korn Ferry exam.
Please note that the list of assets below is not exhaustive. You will be notified in advance of any asset requirements to be evaluated/ used.
- Specific experience
- Additional education or training in a field relevant to the positions to be staffed such as, but not limited to, office automation and secretarial or office administration.
Staffing Requirements - Other Considerations
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
- Available for the duration of a temporary appointment
Conditions of employment
- Reliability/Security : Reliability Status
- Willingness to work overtime
- Physically work from the location at which you are appointed
Want to know more?
The CRA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. To find out more, consult Employment equity, diversity and inclusion at the CRA. We encourage you to complete the Employment Equity (EE) Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Your questionnaire response will be retained on file for the duration of the staffing process. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Information regarding the status of your application will be communicated via the candidate profile on the CRA Careers site. We strongly encourage you to verify the email address attached to your profile and to check your messages regularly for any updates.
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA’s National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criterion for permanent and temporary appointments/staffing actions over six months made through this process.
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID:
- 2022-11-15 12:32:02