APPLY NOW to become a call center customer service agent at the Canada Revenue Agency. (Amended)
About the job
The purpose of this process is to fill call center agent positions within the Quebec Region Contact Center (QRCC).
Among other things, you will be called upon to work with taxpayers, colleagues and partners, in an innovative and stimulating climate, as part of a dynamic team.
These tasks require several skills:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
- Attention to detail
- Results-oriented attitude
You think you are the desired candidate? So join us!
We will offer you:
- Salary starting at $30 per hour.
- Adapted leaves for work/life balance.
- 100% telecommuting position.
- Health care plan that covers many life events: medical expenses, prescription drugs, vision care, dental care, out-of-province medical expenses and hospitalizations, etc.
- Advantageous pension plan, employee assistance program (EAP) and more.
- Ongoing development and training to reach your full potential.
- Career opportunities supported by a competent management team.
- Work environment that supports workforce diversity and talent development.
- Required computer work equipment provided.
Important Position Information:
- Work hours and schedules may fluctuate. Agents must be available to work all scheduled hours as schedules match call demand and could be changed as needed.
- Contact Center hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but are subject to change to meet operational needs at different times of the year. Please consider these hours before making a request, as shift preference may not be granted.
- Have access to the necessary tools to telework (for example: high speed internet connection).
Language requirements :
- Bilingual imperative CBC (for information, please click here)
The pool established from this staffing process may be used to staff similar positions within the QRCC.
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA’s National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criteria for permanent and temporary appointments/staffing actions over six months made through this process.
Who can apply
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens living abroad.
AND eligible veterans and Canadian Forces members
AND individuals with preferred status who live or work within the general rule of minimum distance of the position(s) being staffed.
The purpose of this staffing process is to staff positions offered at the Canada Revenue Agency for all offices in the Quebec Region you are a candidate from the general public, you will have to pay for any expenses related to your participation in this staffing process, as well as any relocation costs if you receive an offer of employment from this process.
Qualified members and former members of the Canadian Forces who receive an offer of employment are not entitled to relocation costs from the CRA. They may, however, be entitled to a final relocation from the Department of National Defence.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change depending on circumstances. As a result, the majority of work is being done remotely and virtually. However, office presence may be required in the future when operations resume. Virtual work may still be possible, if operational needs permit.
In addition, your presence in the office may be required for, but not limited to, the following reasons: retrieving, installing and maintaining computer equipment and attending meetings.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change.
Preference may be given to the first 500 applicants who meet the staffing requirements to apply. Other candidates may be considered as needed. If your application is successful, you will be notified in writing of the next step in this staffing process.
If you require accommodations at any point in this process, we encourage you to indicate this in your questionnaire when you apply, or contact the person mentioned at the bottom of the poster. Your request will be treated confidentially.
Essential staffing requirement(s)
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements :
Successful completion of a secondary school diploma.
- The minimum education standard for the SP group (CRA's minimum education standards):
You must have a high school diploma from a recognized Canadian educational institution OR proof of Canadian equivalency (for more information, please consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials).
IMPORTANT: To be considered, you MUST upload your academic credentials (copy of diploma, degree, etc.) to the Education section of your applicant profile and submit all required documents by the closing date and time of this posting. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. Original documents may be required at a later stage in the process.
Asset staffing requirement(s)
Candidates are encouraged to submit their online application, education credentials and all required documents as soon as possible. Candidates will be screened for the prerequisite staffing requirements on an on-going basis. If you meet the prerequisite staffing requirements, you will be invited to an assessment.
The essential staffing requirements indicated below will be assessed during the process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. Asset staffing requirements may also be assessed during the staffing process and may be used to identify candidates for positions.
- Second Language Evaluation
- Korn Ferry Unsupervised Internet Test – The Taxpayer Contact I (KFEL-01) (cognitive abilities and behavioural competencies test)
- Performance validation/Reference checking
IMPORTANT: Virtual assessments will be conducted by telephone, video conference or other means whenever possible. During virtual assessments, the candidate must have access to a phone, a stable internet connection, and privacy for the duration of the assessment. Some software or applications may be required to complete the assessment. It is recommended that you have access to a desktop or laptop computer during the assessments to allow you to fully participate in the assessment phase. Candidates may not be accompanied by others during their assessment.
Please note that the list of assets below is not exhaustive. You will be notified in advance of any asset requirements to be evaluated/ used.
Staffing Requirements – Assets
- Availability for the duration of a temporary appointment
- Specific experience
- Additional education or training
Staffing Requirements - Other Considerations
- Employment Equity
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
We may limit the number of candidates to be considered further in this staffing process by using a top-down approach to select candidates with the best results achieved on the exam.
You are expected to make yourself available for assessment when scheduled. Assessments will only be rescheduled for exceptional circumstances. The staffing board will make these decisions on a case by case basis.
Conditions of employment
- Reliability/Security : Reliability Status
- Be available for 7.5 consecutive hours per day, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (5 days per week 37.5 hours per week) OR from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 4 days per week plus Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., for a total of 37.5 hours per week.
- Be available for full-time training each day (37.5 hours/week) Monday through Friday for up to 6 weeks. This training will be offered through virtual technology.
- Willing and able to work on the phone (using a headset) for extended periods of time; incoming and outgoing calls.
Want to know more?
The CRA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. To find out more, consult Employment equity, diversity and inclusion at the CRA. We encourage you to complete the Employment Equity (EE) Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Your questionnaire response will be retained on file for the duration of the staffing process. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
For a description of key terms used on CRA employment notices, see Definitions for Job Seekers.
For five consecutive years, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has been on Canada's list. We excel in the Top 100 Employers in Canada list. We excel in the areas of employee engagement and performance, training and skills development, community engagement, well-being, health and family benefits, and much more.
Terms and contracts may be extended based on performance, operational requirements and available budget.
Permanent positions may be awarded at a later date based on performance, operational requirements and/or budget availability.
Information regarding the status of your application will be communicated via the candidate profile on the CRA Careers site. We strongly encourage you to verify the email address attached to your profile and to check your messages regularly for any updates.
More information will be provided if you are selected for a position.
Name: Amanda Brunet
Email address: email@example.com
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID:
- 2022-11-15 12:32:02