Do you want to play a part in a world-class tax and benefit administration? The Canada Revenue Agency is looking for accountants and lawyers.
This notice of job opportunity is closed and you can no longer submit an application.
About the job
We encourage you to complete the EE Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Also, ensure that you have provided consent in the EE staffing questionnaire for your EE information to be used for screening or selection. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
***Candidates who submitted their application to the requisition #58947514 DO NOT need apply to this one.***
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is committed to preserving the integrity of Canada’s tax system to ensure that it is more responsive and fair for all Canadian taxpayers.
The CRA has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for 5 years in a row! We excel in employee engagement and performance, training and skills development, community involvement, health and family benefits, well-being, diversity and inclusion, and more.
In addition to exciting and meaningful job duties, we offer some of the most sought-after benefits:
- Flexible schedules to find the balance that is right for you between your work and your personal life;
- Generous vacation leave as well as other leave provisions (i.e. family-related, sick days, etc.).;
- A healthcare plan which covers many of life's events: medical, prescription drugs, vision care, dental care, out-of-province medical expenses and hospitalizations, etc.);
- Access to an advantageous pension plan;
- A workplace that supports workforce diversity and the development of talents;
- The possibility of hybrid remote work (for some positions); and
- All necessary work equipment is provided by the employer.
There are also other advantages for candidates joining the Compliance Programs Branch (CPB) as an auditor:
- An opportunity to work on some of the largest, most complex legal entities in the country, as well as high-complexity audit cases;
- The possibility to participate in CPA pre-approved programs;
- The annual reimbursement of professional membership dues; and
- Career development and growth within various programs in compliance.
What does the job entail?
CPB is looking for candidates with strong analytical and interpersonal skills to fill various positions. The ideal candidate would be expected to work well independently and effectively, to collaborate with others, and to communicate clearly and concisely in all forms of communications.
As part of your duties, you may be called upon to gather data from external and internal sources, analyze, interpret and report on findings. You may also provide support to different programs such as (but not limited to) Training, Technical Guidance, Business Intelligence, etc.
Potential positions to be staffed via this process include, but are not limited to: Program Officer, Analyst, Program & Research Officer, Technical Applications Officer. In addition, hiring managers could use the pool established from this staffing process to staff similar positions at the AU-03 group and level.
The language requirements of position(s) to be staffed:
English essential or various Bilingual imperative (BBB, CBB, CBC, CCB, CCC)
For more information on the job descriptions: AU0012, AU0150, AU0183, AU0203 please email the contact listed at the bottom of the notice.
Please join the Audit leaders and HR specialists via Eventbrite to learn more about the CPB and the work you could be doing with us!
If you are interested in attending, please register here.
Who can apply
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens and permanent residents living abroad.
Preference for appointment will be given to veterans, Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Please note that this process will be used to staff positions in Ottawa, Ontario.
Virtual reporting may be possible, if operational requirements permit.
If you are a candidate from the general public, you will have to pay for any expenses related to your participation in this staffing process, as well as any relocation costs if you receive an offer of employment from this process.
Qualified members and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces who receive an offer of employment are not entitled to relocation costs from the CRA. They may, however, be entitled to a final relocation from the Department of National Defence.
Essential staffing requirements
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements.
The CRA’s minimum education standard for the AU-Auditing group:
The eligibility for a designation from a recognized professional accounting association; or
A degree from a recognized postsecondary institution with acceptable specialization in accounting; or
A law degree* from a recognized postsecondary institution.
* A law degree
For the purpose of the minimum AU education standard, a law degree is an LL.B., B.C.L, LL.L, or J.D. which meets the postsecondary educational requirements for an application for admission to membership in a law society of a province or territory of Canada, or the Order of Notaries of the Province of Quebec.
Note: By the closing date and time of this poster, you must upload your education credentials (including school transcripts showing that you have completed the required courses, the course code, course name, and grade obtained) in the Education section of your Candidate Profile and attach them when you submit your application. Failure to do so can result in your application not being considered further.
All proof of education must be clear and legible. Proof must indicate that your diploma or degree was conferred, along with your name, institution and level of education (diploma, degree, masters or PhD). Candidates that possess a designation from a recognized professional accounting association may submit a scanned copy of their membership card or annual fees invoice as proof that they meet the AU requirement.
Candidates with foreign education credentials and transcripts are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. The CRA will accept foreign credentials as long as they are considered acceptable by one of the six members of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada. Foreign transcripts need to be accredited by a recognized postsecondary institution or by the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA Canada). Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate. For more information, including the list of recognized postsecondary institutions, you may refer to the The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (www.cicic.ca).
Candidates with foreign designations must have their designation confirmed by the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA). Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate.
Currently holding an AU-03 position (acting or substantive) within the Compliance Programs Branch at Headquarters.
Recent and significant experience* in performing at least one of the following:
- Conducting or managing audits or reviews, for the purposes of administering or enforcing the Income Tax Act (ITA) or the Excise Tax Act (ETA) or other Acts administered or enforced by the Canada Revenue Agency or duties ancillary to audit;
- Conducting or managing audits in accordance with Canadian auditing standards or Internal Auditing Standards;
- Experience in the interpretation and application of the provisions of the ITA or the ETA, regulations and related statutes;
- Support audit programs in the regions by creating procedures, guidelines, Q&A and developing tools to assist the auditor in their tasks;
- Researching, collecting and analyzing audit related information and excellent ability to communicate this information to various stakeholders;
- Project management related to audit;
- Training related to audit and/or accounting (delivering, coordinating and developing);
- Audits/examinations or functions ancillary to audits/examinations (e.g. workload development, audit quality reviews, etc.) for the purpose of administering the ITA or the ETA.
*Recent and significant experience is associated with the performance of these functions as part of the major job duties normally accomplished for a period of 18 cumulative months or more in the last 4 years.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their online application, education credentials and all required documents as soon as possible. Candidates will be screened against the prerequisite staffing requirements on an on-going basis. If you meet the prerequisite staffing requirements, we will notify you in writing of the next step in this staffing process.
Each request will be individually reviewed. You will be asked to provide information regarding your limitations to be reviewed by a trained assessment accommodation advisor. If needed, professional documentation may be requested to determine the appropriate accommodation measures. All information will be kept confidential.
For examples of assessment accommodations, please visit: Accommodation during an assessment as a candidate.
Minimum and essential
The minimum and essential staffing requirements indicated below will be assessed during the process and may be used to identify candidates for positions.
- Performance validation / Reference checks
- Second Language Evaluation (for bilingual positions)
Asset staffing requirements may also be assessed during the staffing process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. You will be notified in advance of any asset requirements to be evaluated.
- Experience relevant to the position being staffed
- Additional education or training
Other staffing requirements
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
Conditions of employment
- Security: Reliability Status, Secret or Enhanced Reliability with Secret
- Willingness to travel
- Valid Driver’s license or personal mobility to a degree normally associated with the possession of a driver’s license
- Virtual reporting may be possible, if operational requirements permit.
Want to know more?
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Information regarding the status of your application will be communicated via the candidate profile on the CRA Careers site. We strongly encourage you to verify the email address attached to your profile and to check your messages regularly for any updates.
Please note that we will contact only the candidates selected for further consideration.
Name: CPB Staffing Process
Email address: email@example.com
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID:
- 2023-06-06 09:41:22