APPLY NOW! Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is recruiting top talent for SP-05 Positions in Vancouver, Surrey, Victoria, Penticton, Kelowna, and Prince George (Amended)
About the job
We encourage you to complete the EE Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Also, ensure that you have provided consent in the EE staffing questionnaire for your EE information to be used for screening or selection. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA's National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criterion for permanent and temporary appointments over six months made through this process.
Come work for the CRA, one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada!
Are you an ambitious individual looking to make a difference in an exciting and rewarding work environment?
We are looking for new hires:
• Who take initiative and demonstrate innovative thinking
• Who want to refine their skills and develop new ones
• Who are excited to grow and develop their professional network
• Who act with integrity, respect, professionalism and collaboration
• Who want to do meaningful work that will positively impact the lives of Canadians
Key Activities for this position include (but not limited to):
Audit taxpayers' returns, books, records, taxpayer requests, and supporting documents to confirm and enforce compliance with the statutes administered by the CRA.
Plans how the audit will be conducted; reviews documents and researches legislation, jurisprudence, publications and policies.
Presents and disseminates program specific information to the public, other areas within the CRA, and external stakeholders to encourage voluntary compliance. This may include participation in public information sessions and professional seminars.
Please note that we are reviewing the salary of this position.
The pool established from this staffing process may be used to staff similar positions at CRA offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Victoria, Penticton, Kelowna, and Prince George.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change as circumstances evolve. You may be required to temporarily work remotely (e.g. from home). Further information will be provided if you are selected for the position.
In the case of candidates previously terminated or rejected on probation from positions within the CRA, please note that additional verifications will be conducted. Based on the reasons for termination or rejection, an applicant may not be considered further in the staffing process/considered for appointment, as they may be deemed to not meet one or more of the staffing requirements.
Who can apply
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens and permanent residents living abroad.
Preference for appointment will be given to veterans, Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
AND eligible veterans and Canadian Armed Forces members
AND individuals with preferred status who live or work within the general rule of minimum distance of the position(s) being staffed.
Please note that this process will be used to staff positions in Vancouver, Surrey, Victoria, Penticton, Kelowna, and Prince George only. If you are a candidate from the general public, you will have to pay for any expenses related to your participation in this staffing process, as well as any relocation costs if you receive an offer of employment from this process.
You will be asked at the application stage to complete a questionnaire stating which location(s) you prefer.
Separate pools of eligible candidates could be established from this staffing process based on requirements such as preferred work programs(s) and locations in BC.
Qualified members and former members of the Canadian Armed Forces who receive an offer of employment are not entitled to relocation costs from the CRA. They may, however, be entitled to a final relocation from the Department of National Defence.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change.
The staffing board reserves the right to limit the number of applicants to be given consideration at the prerequisite stage and/or assessment stage. If you are considered further, we will notify you in writing of the next step in this staffing process.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their online application, education credentials and all required documents as soon as possible. Candidates will be screened against the prerequisite staffing requirements on an on-going basis. Please note that we will contact only the candidates selected for further consideration.
Assessments and appointments may take place prior to the closing date and time of this notice.
Essential staffing requirements
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements.
A secondary school diploma or CRA-approved alternatives; and
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Intermediate Financial Reporting 1 and 2, or FA2 and FA3, or Intermediate Financial Accounting 1 and 2, or Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2.
If you have foreign education credentials:
• you must have your education confirmed by a recognized credential assessment service and provide proof of Canadian equivalency to the staffing board. For more information visit the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
Additionally, foreign accounting courses must be evaluated by a recognized professional accounting association. Course evaluations of previously recognized professional accounting associations may also be accepted.
IMPORTANT: You must upload your education credentials (diplomas and transcripts) in the education section of your Candidate Profile to demonstrate that that you meet the essential education requirements.
For instructions on uploading your education credentials, visit How to add your education to your candidate profile.
Education credential documents such as degrees, diplomas or certificates, should clearly show the applicant's full name, the name of the educational institution, and completion date.
School transcripts should clearly show the applicant's full name, the name of the educational institution, course names and numbers and completion date(s).
Failure to provide supporting documents demonstrating that you meet the essential education requirements upon submission of your application may result in your application not being given further consideration.
No experience is required at the prerequisite stage; however, preference may be given to candidates with Experiences 1, or 2 at any stage in the staffing process.
1. Have experience in public practice or industry involving small and medium businesses performing one or more of the following functions for twelve (12) consecutive months within the past three (3) years:
• Administering accounting policies;
• Tax planning and/or providing in-depth tax advice under the Income Tax Act and/or the Excise Tax Act in relation with clients with gross income of up to $1 million;
• Preparing financial statements for Corporate or Trust returns for small and medium corporations*;
• Interpretation of the Income Tax or the Excise Tax legislation administered by the CRA for small and medium corporations*; or
• Conducting and managing audits of small and medium corporations*.
*Small and medium-sized corporations generally refers to corporations with annual gross revenues up to $4 million. However, each example will be assessed for its relative complexity based on the information presented on a case-by-case basis.
2. Twelve (12) consecutive months experience within the past three (3) years working at the SP04 group and level or higher.
Each request will be individually reviewed. You will be asked to provide information regarding your limitations to be reviewed by a trained assessment accommodation advisor. If needed, professional documentation may be requested to determine the appropriate accommodation measures. All information will be kept confidential.
For examples of assessment accommodations, please visit: Accommodation during an assessment as a candidate.
Minimum and essential
The minimum and essential staffing requirements indicated below will be assessed during the process and may be used to identify candidates for positions.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (Written)
• Ability to interpret and apply legislation
• Ability to communicate effectively in English (Oral)
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Organizational Fit
You are expected to make yourself available for assessment when scheduled. Assessments will only be rescheduled for exceptional circumstances. The staffing board will make these decisions on a case by case basis.
Asset staffing requirements may also be assessed during the staffing process and may be used to identify candidates for positions.
• Performance validation
• Experience related to the position being staffed
• Additional education or training
• Budgetary considerations
• Duration of appointment
• Start date
• Minimize business disruption
• Program continuity
• Rotational assignment
• Employment Equity
You will be notified in advance of any additional asset staffing requirement(s) to be utilized.
• We may limit the number of candidates to be considered further in this staffing process by using a top-down approach to select candidates with the best results achieved on the above assessments.
Essential conditions of employment
• Reliability Status
• Willingness to work overtime
• Willingness to travel
• Valid Driver's license or personal mobility to a degree normally associated with the possession of a driver's license
• Willingness to work on evenings and/or on weekends
• Physically work from Vancouver, Surrey, Victoria, Penticton, Kelowna, or Prince George
Want to know more?
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Information regarding the status of your application will be communicated via the candidate profile on the CRA Careers site. We strongly encourage you to verify the email address attached to your profile and to check your messages regularly for any updates.
Name: SP05 – Various Staffing Board
Email address: 94ANP306G@cra-arc.gc.ca
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID: