National IT Students Inventory
This notice of job opportunity is closed and you can no longer submit an application.
About the job
We encourage you to complete the EE Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Also, ensure that you have provided consent in the EE staffing questionnaire for your EE information to be used for screening or selection. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any appointments using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
The IT environment within the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is evolving quickly and offers numerous opportunities for IT professionals to be part of very exciting developments.
Here is what you can expect from the CRA:
- Flexible work arrangements
- In office or remote (depends on operational requirements)
- Flexible work hours
- A diverse and inclusive workforce
- To work on exciting projects to enrich your professional skills and competencies
- A long-lasting professional network with highly qualified professionals in Computer Science
- Opportunities to get involved in volunteer initiatives with the Young Professional Network.
- The Young Professionals Network is a network of self-identified young professionals looking to develop their skills, grow their network, challenge themselves, and contribute towards a better tomorrow.
Since 2017, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. We excel in the areas of Employee Engagement and Performance, Training and Skills Development, Community Involvement, and more.
To learn more about us, follow us on:
Twitter: Canada Revenue Agency
Instagram: Canada Revenue Agency
LinkedIn: Canada Revenue Agency
Web: Canada Revenue Agency - Canada.ca
This staffing process will be used to staff positions at the SU levels. Your level of education will determine your rate of pay and classification:
- SU-02 - College/CEGEP
- SU-03 - University Undergraduate
- SU-04 - Masters
- SU-05 - Doctorate
A pool will be established from this process and successful candidates will be contacted as positions become available.
The pool established from this staffing process may be used to staff similar positions.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change as circumstances evolve. You may be required to temporarily work remotely (e.g. from home). Further information will be provided if you are selected for the position.
- English Essential or
- French Essential
Who can apply:
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents living abroad.
Preference for appointment will be given to veterans, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents in that order.
If you are a student with a work/study permit, you may apply.
Positions will require in-person reporting. However, if operational requirements permit, virtual reporting may be an option.
Essential staffing requirements:
To be eligible, you must meet the following education requirements:
- You must have a full-time student status* at a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution** for the semester you will be hired (or enrolled full-time* the following semester).
- You must be enrolled in a degree or diploma program in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Information Management, or other specializations relevant to the position.
*Students enrolled in school on a part-time status due to a disability, as recognized by the academic institution, or on a part-time during their last semester, are also considered eligible for employment as a student at the CRA.
**Recognized Canadian postsecondary institution: A Canadian public or private institution that is recognized or authorized to grant degrees, diplomas, and other credentials by a public or private act of the provincial/territorial legislature or through a government-mandated quality assurance mechanism. The institution must be listed in the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials directory.
How to apply:
Step 1) Create your CRA Candidate Profile - Candidate Profile
Step 2) Upload your proof of enrollment and resume in the Documents section of your Candidate Profile
- You must upload proof of full-time enrollment and your resume in your Candidate Profile, and attach it to your application by the closing date and time of this notice of job opportunity.
- Any of the following documents may be used as proof of enrollment for the Winter 2023 semester or beyond:
- Letter from Registrar (i.e.: confirmation of enrollment letter) or
- Unofficial transcript which specifically states your enrollment status or
- Other acceptable documents proving enrollment status
When in doubt, please upload any other supporting educational documents you may have.
Step 3) Complete all the required questionnaires.
Important: Before clicking on “Submit Application”, please ensure you have uploaded your proof of enrollment and resume, and have completed the questionnaires. Failure to provide the required documents and completing the questionnaires will result in your application not being considered further.
Each request will be individually reviewed. You will be asked to provide information regarding your limitations to be reviewed by a trained assessment accommodation advisor. If needed, professional documentation may be requested to determine the appropriate accommodation measures. All information will be kept confidential.
For examples of assessment accommodations, please visit: Accommodation during an assessment as a candidate.
The Asset staffing requirements (indicated below or additional ones) may be assessed during the staffing process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. You will be notified in advance of any asset requirements to be evaluated.
Asset Staffing Requirement:
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
Conditions of employment:
- Security Clearance: Reliability Status
- Willingness to work overtime
- Willingness to work on evenings and/or on weekends
- Willingness to work shifts or a flexible schedule (including weekends and statutory holidays)
- Physically work from a designated location
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the designated work location
Want to know more?
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Information regarding the status of your application will be communicated via your candidate profile on the CRA Careers site. We strongly encourage you to verify the email address attached to your profile and to check your messages regularly for any updates.
Name: ITB Student Recruitment (CRA)
Email address: SURECRUITG@cra-arc.gc.ca
Please put as the subject of your email ''Staffing Process – Requisition #59425740"
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID:
- 2023-06-06 09:41:22