Are you interested in a student job that can lead to a career in auditing in Rimouski? Apply here!
This notice of job opportunity is closed and you can no longer submit an application.
About the job
What is the intent of this process?
The intent is to create a pool of qualified candidates to staff student positions only at the Rimouski office, which is located at 180, avenue de la Cathédrale. This office is located in a unilingual French region, and therefore the language of work is French. For the moment, work is done virtually. However, office presence might be required when the normal operations resume.
As a student in audit, you will be called to:
- Perform tax audits;
- Data processing, perform searches in databases and generate reports;
- Communicate with various internal and external customers; and
- Supply various administrative support using a variety of software.
Who is the Canada Revenue Agency?
For four consecutive years, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. We excel in the areas of employee engagement and performance, training and skills development, community involvement, health and family benefits well-being, diversity and inclusion, and much more.
The mission of the CRA is to administer tax, benefits, and related programs, and ensure compliance on behalf of governments across Canada, thereby contributing to the ongoing economic and social well-being of Canadians.
For more information on working for the CRA, view our promotional video: The Canada Revenue Agency – We’re More Than Just Taxes.
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA’s National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criterion for permanent and temporary appointments/staffing actions over six months made through this process.
Why work with us?
- To work in a stimulating environment and to perform tasks related to your field of study, for example: administration or accounting;
- For an adapted work environment where people with disabilities can fully participate on an equal basis with their peers; and
- To reinforce your abilities to increase your employability, including the possibility of being integrated in the Federal public sector up through the student bridging mecanism up to 5 years after graduating.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, interested students must:
- Have an address in the Bas-Saint-Laurent or Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine region; and
- Be registered at a recognized university-level institution in administration, accounting or taxation and be considered as a full-time* student bu their institution.
* Students who are enrolled part-time due to a disability, students who are recognized as full-time students by their institutions because of their personal situation and students who are registered part-time during their last semester of school are also elligible.
***Important notes :
- Candidates are encouraged to submit applications, credentials, and all required documents as soon as possible. Candidates will be selected periodically during the posting period based on operational needs.
- If you apply multiple times on this staffing process, only your first application will be considered.
- Candidates who meet the staffing requirements will be added to the qualified candidate pool. Appointments may take place from this staffing process during the posting period.
How do I apply?
To be eligible, you must create a Candidate Profile, upload the following documents in the "Documents" section, and attach them to your candidacy at the moment you submit you application:
- A proof of enrolment in a program at a recognized educational institution
- Your curriculum vitae
To attach the documents to your application, you must:
- Upload and save your documents the “Documents” section of your Candidate Profile.
- Prior to clicking “Submit application”, attach the two documents atstep 3 by selecting the box next to the documents.
If your documents are not attached at the moment of your application, we may not take your candidacy into account. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change.
What is the next step?
If you meet the prerequisites for this process, you will be invited to an interview which will evaluate the following qualifications:
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to organize a workload
- Ability to analyze
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to communicate verbally in French
If you become elligible for a job offer after the assessment, we will validate your performance (reference check) and reliability (security clearance). Furthermore, your professionalism will be assessed throughout the whole duration of this staffing process.
If you require accommodation at any time during this process, we encourage you to contact the person at the bottom of the poster. Your request will be treated confidentially.
We could use the following assets to determine which candidates will move forward in the process, or which candidates will be selected for appointment. Please note that the list of assets below is not exhaustive. You will be notified in advance of any asset requirements to be evaluated or used.
- Education or training related to the position to be staffed
- Budgetary considerations
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
Want to know more?
The CRA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. To find out more, consult Employment equity, diversity and inclusion at the CRA. We encourage you to complete the Employment Equity (EE) Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Your questionnaire response will be retained on file for the duration of the staffing process. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Information regarding the status of your application will be communicated via the candidate profile on the CRA Careers site. We strongly encourage you to verify the email address attached to your profile and to check your messages regularly for any updates.
Name: Julie Bilodeau
Email address: QUE-QUE_Recrutement@cra-arc.gc.ca
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID:
- 2023-03-10 12:05:44