2022-2023 Indigenous Student Employment Program (ISEP) - Headquarters (Amended)
This notice of job opportunity is closed and you can no longer submit an application.
About the job
Are you an aspiring Indigenous post-secondary student looking to utilize your skills, creativity, and knowledge, while gaining valuable work experience in a rewarding and invigorating work environment?
Look no further. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is currently looking for talented individuals to fill a variety of full-time and part-time student level positions in fields such as :
- accounting/audit, finance, statistics, and economics
- communications and translation
- office administration and project management
- business administration, law, and data analysis
- political sciences, human resources, and social sciences
- social media and graphic design
To learn about a few of the different career opportunities we offer, we invite you to visit our job types page.
- Flexible working hours
- Meaningful and valuable work
- Continuous learning
- Networking opportunities
- Possibility of career advancement!
- Diversified workforce and a broad range of competency/skills
An inventory of eligible candidates will be established for this staffing process. This staffing process will be used to staff positions in Ottawa, ON. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change as circumstances evolve. You may be required to temporarily work remotely (e.g. from home). Further information will be provided if you are selected for the position.
The Canada Revenue Agency takes great pride in having a diverse workforce with wide-ranging skill sets. To promote a workforce that is representative of the Canadians we serve, hiring managers are encouraged to give preference to Indigenous students who self-identify and meet the job requirements of the position(s) being staffed.
Who can apply
Persons living in Canada or Canadian citizens living abroad, who self identify as Indigenous* and who are enrolled in full-time** studies at a recognized post-secondary institution***.
*An Indigenous person is a North American Indian or a member of a First Nation, a Métis or an Inuit. North American Indians or members of a First Nation include status, treaty or registered Indians, as well as non-status and non-registered Indians.
**Students enrolled in studies on a part-time basis due to a disability that is recognized by their academic institution are also eligible to apply.
*** To be employed as a CRA student, your postsecondary institution must be identified as either recognized or authorized on the The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials website.
- This staffing process will be used to staff student positions primarily in Ottawa, Ontario. If you are residing elsewhere than within a reasonable commuting distance from Ottawa, you must be willing and able to relocate to a reasonable distance from Ottawa, if required. You will have to pay any expenses (i.e. travel, relocation, etc.).
- If you are a Student with a work/study permit, you may apply. However, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents who meet the job requirements.
The Agency has created and continues to develop initiatives and resources that benefit the Indigenous community. For instance, the National Indigenous Employee Network (IEN) and the Buddy Initiative foster an inclusive work environment for Indigenous employees and help establish a sense of community.
We encourage you to visit the ISEP page for more information about the program and where you will be able to read a testimony and watch our video.
How do I apply?
To be eligible:
- You must create a Candidate Profile and upload your resume
- You must complete the questionnaires
You must attach your resume to your application by following this 2-step process:
- Upload and save your resume to the “Documents” section of your Candidate Profile
- Prior to clicking “submit application”, attach your resume in step 3 by selecting the box next to it.
We encourage you to submit your online application, education credentials and all required documents as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change.
Candidates will be screened against the prerequisite staffing requirements on an on-going basis.
Document(s) to provide at a later date, when requested:
Proof of full-time enrolment at a recognized postsecondary institution (or part-time basis due to a disability, as recognized by the academic institution)
Your performance may be assessed through reference check(s) at the appointment stage. You will need to provide their names and contact information.
Education, Specialization(s), Abilities, Knowledge, Skills and/or Experience
The required level of education, specialization(s), field(s) of study, abilities, skills and/or knowledge will vary depending on the position being staffed. You will need to meet the requirements of the position(s) in order to be considered.
The essential staffing requirement indicated below will be assessed during the process and may be used to identify candidates for positions. A top-down approach may be used.
- Unsupervised Internet Test - Korn Ferry: Cognitive abilities and behavioral competencies
Depending on the position, you may be assessed using a written test, an interview and/or reference check. The required pass mark will depend on the position being staffed.
Failure to attend an assessment may result in your application not being considered further.
Although most positions will be English or French, some positions may require you to be able to work in both official languages. In the event that a position requires a bilingual capacity, managers may assess your second language proficiency using a test.
Other staffing requirements - Asset:
- Start date
- Availability throughout the duration of an appointment
Conditions of employment
For all positions:
- Candidates must be legally eligible / entitled to work in the designated work location.
- Security Status/Clearance: Most positions require a security clearance of "Reliability Status", but some positions may require a higher security clearance level.
For some positions:
- Willingness and ability to work overtime
- Willingness and ability to work on evenings and/or weekends
- Willingness and ability to physically work in Ottawa when health guidelines permit, if required.
When you apply to this staffing process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted.
A random selection approach may be invoked at any stage in this process to limit the number of applicants to be given consideration per position.
You will be eligible to receive pay based on your level of education and the Students Rates of Pay. If the applicable provincial or territorial minimum wage rate is higher than the current maximum offered for the corresponding academic level of the student, the provincial or territorial minimum wage rate will be applied.
Want to know more?
The CRA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. To find out more, consult Employment equity, diversity and inclusion at the CRA. We encourage you to complete the Employment Equity (EE) Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Your questionnaire response will be retained on file for the duration of the staffing process. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Return to: Search jobs
- Screen ID: